Reviews New Mutants #33

I love Jason Pearson's art... he's GREAT!
My first issue with the mutants I grew with.

Here the reviews:

An echo of the whole thing in Ui Ar de Japis, in Spanish, of course.

Bad ones (my part) in Geekadelphia, Comic Attack.

A better one at ScienceFiction.com:
David Lopez’s pencils are great!  It’s hard to work with a comic so lacking in action sequences, but he made this talky issue work.  His line work is clean and crisp.  His facial expressions are emotive.  His style reminds me of early Carlos Pacheco and even more of Mike McKone, both of whom are favorites of mine.

Multiversity Comics:
And then there’s the art; the wonderful, wonderful art.
And after that they compare me to Quitely... thank you, very much, but he's still a huge master and I'm... well, not.

Bleedingcool:
David Lopez (of Fallen Angel and Hawkeye/Mockingbird fame) is the latest in a great string of artists to work on the book. He has taken great care to find an individual body type (and language), face design and fashion sense for each character and provides and it adds a great layer of quality in this issue that is so focused on the characters and their interactions.

The Guide likes it too and in X-Man's Comic Blog they're more than happy.

At Comics Vanguard they liked it but in a milder way... but at My Latest Distraction they are more effusive.

Good words from Comics Nexus/ Inside Pulse and House to Astonish too.

Four out of five in CBR:
The art team of David López, Álvaro López and Val Staples provide a story that is wide open when it needs to be and filled with details as necessary. López and López provided some great art on “Hawkeye & Mockingbird” and drew my attention there.


Comments